This will be a short report!
The organising group met before the first lockdown and began to plan the event, spurred on by the National Trust’s willingness to extend the show to a full two months.
However, the constraints of Covid soon became apparent and around April the National Trust advised that the show could not go ahead. Greys Court was shut until 15th June and subsequently operated on strictly limited advance booking, so a show would not have been worthwhile even if the NT had allowed it.
We have recently been in touch with the National Trust to establish whether they are interested in hosting a two-month 2021 show. They are keen to have us back, but have still to fix their programme for the summer. This AGM therefore needs to decide whether it wishes to go ahead. If so, we will need to make the request to NT and offer to develop both a ‘normal’ show plan and a Covid-safe one (which might, for example, mean less indoor work) so that we can discuss both with them.